You have been invited to share your promotional experience with others.
Your Name: Lorene Burkhart
1. Where you are from and where are you now? Vincennes, IN / Indianapolis, IN
2. How did you get started writing? Progressed from radio, television scripts to magazine articles. Books seemed like the next project.
3. What do you do when you are not writing? Serve on community boards; promote books.
4. What would readers like to know about you? I’m a young 75-year-old woman who just keeps ticking.
5. What inspired your first book? My life – it’s an autobiography.
6. How many books have you written? Six in six years.
7. What are the titles of your books and what genres are they? Two about life on the farm, three children’s books, and one patient empowerment book.
8. Why are you specially qualified to write about this topic? Years of life experience and many careers.
9. How do you manage to keep yourself focused and on track when you’re writing a book? Keep away from distractions; have materials ready.
10. Do you write to make money, for the love of writing or both? Both – a portion of proceeds from each book title is given to a variety of non-profit causes.
11. What are some unique methods of marketing you have used? Which were the most successful? Am just entering the national arena, so am working with a publicist; all types of electronic possibilities through a Web 2.0 platform.
12. Do you sell through a website? If so, what’s the address? If not, why not? Yes, www.burkhartnetwork.com.
13. Where can people order your books? Website, amazon.com, ebooks, bookstores.
14. What format are your books – e-book, print, audio etc? Ebook and print.
15. Will you write more books? Yes.
16. What do you have in the works now? A book about how women pull themselves up through tough times.
17. What does the future hold for you and your books? Hopefully, many more years.
18. What was the most successful thing you did to promote your books? Marketing combines traditional public relations and Web 2.0. The combo seems to work well and leads people to the website to buy.
19. What was the least successful thing you did to promote your books? Book signings have not sold many books, but they offer insight from readers.
20. What makes this book special to you? It can make a difference in people’s lives as they pursue better relationships in the health care system.
21. What sort of comments have you gotten about the content of the book? Medical community (doctors, nurses) love it as well as patients.
22. What makes this a book that other people MUST read and WHY? It can change their attitude about their responsibility for their medical relationships.
23. What people NEED to read this book and WHY? Any person who is a patient, which is everyone. It’s also a refreshing reminder for practicing professionals and great for medical students.
24. What sparks your creativity? Any tips to help others spark their own
creativity? Paying attention to everything around me.
25. What do you think motivates people to become authors? What motivated you to get into this unusual industry? I don’t know about most people but I was motivated by the challenge.
26. Tell me about the most unusual things you have done to promote any books? Hired an actor to do my YouTube video.
27. If a potential reader thinks that your book wouldn’t interest them, what would you say to convince them to buy? I’m thinking something better than “Its the greatest book ever.” Give me something more specific They will manage their medical care in a more satisfactory manner.
28. Why does the topic of your book interest you? Why would it interest potential readers? Give us a hook to reel in new readers. The topic of my book, “Sick of Doctors? Then Do Something About It” interests me because patient responsibility for their care is a huge problem and requires a shift in attitude. I love solving problems and sharing my insight where it makes a difference.
Join us on the Sick of Doctors? Then Do Something About It! virtual tour. To learn more about the tour, visit http://bookpromotionservices.com/2010/04/26/sick-of-doctors-tour/. You can also learn more about Lorene Burkhart and the book at http://www.burkhartnetwork.com/. If you would like to be a host on this tour, contact nikki @ nikkileigh.com